Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

So far, so good!

We are having a good weekend, and the rain hasn't been enough to damper it. Yesterday, after Boot Camp and an eye exam, I had a "playdate" with a child in my class. She's been asking me and asking me to come to her house. So yesterday, I did. Jacqueline is 5 years old and a wonderful child. We ate lunch, made art with stamps, and played her version of Chutes and Ladders in which she won all but one game.

Then Chris and I took Clare to Toys R Us to get a chair. She picked out a Tinkerbell chair (thank goodness she didn't want the princess one). We ate a good supper at Macaroni Grill.

Today, we were off to the Fort Worth Zoo. Clare was in great spirits and had a wonderful time. She was fascinated with all the animals, especially the snakes and elephants. She picked out 3 rubber snakes to take home as souvenirs from the gift shop. Surprisingly, they were only 99 cents each. After a good rest, we had pizza for supper and a trip to Walmart. I got her a Tinkerbell toy to continue to try to discourage the whole princess phenomenon.

Tomorrow, if things go as planned, we will grill out for lunch and make homemade ice cream. Clare has swimming lessons tomorrow night and I have Boot Camp.

Chris is taking a week off of work so we should continue our good times.

I will be posting pictures of her Tinkerbell chair and the zoo adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment