Sunday, April 10, 2011

Clare is 4 years old!

Clare turned 4 on March 23rd. She partied at Let's Jump on Saturday, March 19th and celebrated with her classmates at preschool on Thursday, March 24th. The theme was Tangled/Rapunzel. Here are a few pics taken last week now that she's a big girl & from the party week! Chris applied her make-up last Sunday & she thinks she looks great. I think she looks a little like Bette Davis as "Baby Jane".
She surprisingly likes Funyun's & thought it was pretty cute to make glasses out of the chips. I agree that it's pretty clever, but not fun getting the crumbs off of her face, eyes, eyelashes, & bangs.


We had her pictures taken professionally last Wednesday in the bluebonnet fields by Jeanine Fox with Bella Jewel Photography. Jeanine was amazing & here is the sneak peek she sent me.

I made marshmallow pops for her party at school buy using jet puffed marshmallows & dipping them in the Wilton candy melts that can be found at JoAnn's, Michaels, & Hobby Lobby. I sprinkled them with sugar sprinkles & stuck them on a lollipop stick. It was super easy!
For the Let's Jump party, I ordered cookies from the Hershey store in Southlake. Thankfully the Easter pastel colors coordinate wondefully with the colors from Tangled. We had chocolate chip M&M cookies & sugar cookies with sugar sprinkles. Clare had her own special cookie that was an iced sugar cookie topped with sugar sprinkled & "Happy Birthday Clare" written in icing.
I got the treat bags from Michaels & filled them with watercolor paints (in the movie Tangled, Rapunzel is a painter), Tangled papers the kids could paint, pastel colored chocolate Sixlets, a lollipop, & a homemade blower in the shape of Rapunzel's pet chameleon, Pascal.
Here is a picture of the watercolors with a label that I made on the computer & taped to the top. I knew I wanted to include the watercolors & found the label idea on a blog called SuperMom Moments. The paints were found at Target for less than .80 cents.
I put the Sixlets in a clear goodie bag & stuck the lollipop in the top. I made the label at home. I found both candies at Party City & bags at Target.
I initially was not going to do the blowers, but I found the idea on a Disney website that included the template. I got the foam & wiggly eyes at Hobby Lobby & the blowers at Party City. I just traced the templates & hot glued it all together. Then, used a black magic marker to make the smile & eyebrow. I think they are adorable!
I very happy Clare heading up the bounce slide at her birthday party at Let's Jump.
The kids singing Happy Birthday!
She's blowing out the candles & making a wish! I hope all of your wishes come true, my sweet Clare Bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment