Sunday, March 22, 2009

Two Years Ago Today....

I was in labor at Harris Methodist Fort Worth. I was supposed to be induced the morning of Thursday, March 22 at 7 am. And because I had to go in on an empty stomach, I had my last meal that morning at 3 am. Well, I wasn't induced until 5 pm that evening. Here are ten fond (or not so fond) memories of 2 years ago:

1. Stadol is FABU!!! At times, I wish I could still get a hold of some.

2. March Madness/NCAA Men's Tournament will always be special to me since I watched a many a games in labor. In fact, the big game in which Tennessee came back from 20 points down was on that night.

3. Epidurals aren't that bad. But the anaesthesiologist can be very rude, esp. if she's from a "harsh" European country like Romania, the Czech Rep., etc. But she did a great job!

4. Sneak food in if possible.....I went 25 hours without any food (and I don't call Jello or chicken broth food).

5. Sleep as much as possible....you won't get any more later.

6. The nurses are fantastic, but don't let them jinx you. I started pushing at 2 am on Friday, March 23. The nurses said, and I quote, "This baby will be born in 30 minutes." TWO HOURS LATER, Clare Isabel was born at 3:57 am.

7. The Dr. wanders in and dresses in scrubs right there in the room and literally only catches the baby and does the post-delivery things.

8. Ice chips don't really help the thirst you will endure.

9. Breaking my bag of water did hurt....one of the most painful parts of labor for me.

10. Another painful part of the process....having a nurse hit a nerve while trying to put in the IV. I didn't have feeling in parts of my right hand for two weeks.

So, on Monday, March 23 at 3:57 am, my little Clare Bear will be 2 years old. What a wonderful time it has been.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you started a blog! What a great first post. Clare Isabel is such a gorgeous name. Can't wait to read! Happy Blogging!

    PS- We can nag each other to post and maybe I'll add more to my own blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to commemorate the birth of your beautiful girl!!!

    I didn't know you watched Days of our Lives - I have beenwatching since I was a little girl thanks to my mom. Don't tell my Chris but my Sean Douglas is named after Hope's Sean Douglas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to have a way to keep up with you! Maybe this will encourage me to have one too! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you have a blog! You need to post some pictures!

    ReplyDelete