Wednesday, April 29, 2009

2 PRIZES, MY FLOWERBEDS, AND A SWIMMER

Well, where to begin....


I guess the first thing to post is my little swimmer. Clare began swimming lessons when she was 9 months old and immediately took to the water. She is doing fabulous and now swimming without us in the class. Her teacher this spring has been Miss Monica and is absolutely wonderful.












On Sunday, April 19th, Chris and I (and Clare) worked in the flower bed in the front yard and transferred some shrubs to the back yard. I think it all turned out very well. Would it be outrageous if we nominated ourselves for the Yard of the Month???















One of my most favorite things is getting mail. I don't know why, but it ALWAYS excites me. I guess it's because it is an unexpected surprise. When I checked the mailbox today, I had recieved a package from a favorite ETSY store-Details, Inc. Thanks to I blog I follow, Mo'Joy, I found these darling hair clips that are made of felt. You can have your child's initials or name put on them. So, with the package was the cutest wrapping. Then the perfect clips were inside.



My other prize was at my front door. I rarely check the front door because it is actually on the side of our house. But, since the hail storm, we get tons of advertisements by roofers. So, I decided I should probably clear them out. There was a wonderful box delivered by the Postal Service that contained a spring scrapbook kit. Another favorite ETSY store (Mo'Beads) and blog (Mo'Joy) had this kit that I had to have. I missed getting the fall kit and kick myself frequently for not following through on getting that one. But here's a picture of the goodies that Melanie put together for the spring kit.



Well, that is alot of excitement for one day. I'm off to a scrapbook crop where I can work on my new spring kit. I can barely wait to dress Clare tomorrow with one of her coordinating hair clips. I hope the plants survive....thank goodness we have gotten alot of rain lately. And my little swimmer will keep it up through the summer. Thanks to those who check on us and comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment