Saturday, April 25, 2009

My day so far....

It's been a while since I posted something. Last Sunday, we worked in the yard all day. I will have to take pictures to post, since the plants have lived a week and look pretty good.

I woke up early today to try out a boot camp with a friend of mine from work. Sara's been doing this for 8 weeks and today was bring a friend day. She's been raving about it, so I thought I would try it out.

I stayed in the back of the pack the whole time, but did all that was asked of me. We starting with jogging 1/2 a mile, which was awful because I hate running. After we did some weight to work our arms, this wasn't that bad. Then we started an obstacle course...involved all kinds of different things. I was one of the last ones to cross the finish line, but at least I did it. Then we finished up with abs and leg workouts. These were hard, but felt so good. I think I will sign up for the next one, which begins in 2 weeks. This one is only 4 weeks long.

After that, I had just enough time to go home, get Clare and the dogs. I dropped both Scotch and Annie off at the groomers and Clare & I went to the Little Gym. Then we came home. After 30 minutes, I left for a facial. It was awesome. I highly recommend Patty at Terrace Retreat in Southlake.

The rest of the day was spend being lazy. Tomorrow involves lesson plans and parent newsletters along with a trip to Walmart. Next Saturday I am going to a scrapbook crop in Collinsville, which is north of Denton. It's a great time to catch up on all my projects. And I am taking a stamp class taught by my friend, Mindy. I can't wait to learn new tricks!

Below is a picture of Clare from April, 2007. She's gotten so big. And she's swimming all by herself now. We just sit and watch. She sits on the step and wait for her turn with Ms. Monica and Ms. Abby. She wears flippers now and we just got her some goggles to start wearing. Chris and I will have to take some recent pictures of her swimming. People are impressed that she does so good for her age.




2 comments:

  1. Very proud of you for finishing the boot camp activities today! Can't wait to see the recent picture of Clare at swimming lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to take a video of her swimming! How cute! You're a better woman than me with that boot camp thing;) Can't wait until Saturday!

    ReplyDelete