Friday, April 3, 2009

Samsung 500

I am so excited to hear the famed words, "Gentlemen, START YOUR ENGINES!" I am lucky enough to attend the NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway this Sunday. Not that I am a huge NASCAR fan, but I think it will be a wonderful time full of adrenaline. I've heard that once you see those cars race off turn 4 for the first time....you will never believe that they can go actually that fast. One of those you have to see it to believe it moments.

I hope I am feeling better by Sunday. I've been feeling bad for several days and stayed home from work on Thursday. I sucked it up and went to the doctor. Got some meds and a shot. But the shot didn't help like I hoped it would. Maybe it was filled with a saline solution instead of medicine?!?

Last weekend was great. I watched Twilight, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Man, they did a good job casting Edward Cullen! Then, I awoke to snow flurries on Saturday morning. After a long meeting at work, I was off to Denton to a scrapbook crop hosted by my new friend, Mindy (see her blog at Flamingo Boulevard). I feel like I've known her forever....she's a riot. She taught me this new stamping technique that I am so excited to learn about. Saturday night I fell asleep on the couch listening to my iPod and slept around 2 dogs and 1 cat. I woke up at 8:45, took out the animals, crawled into the bed (so I could finally stretch out my legs) and slept until 11:30. It was so nice. Then, it was back to the real world....laundry, Walmart, lessons plans, etc.

I hope this weekend, especially Sunday, turns out just as nice. And that Jimmie Johnson does not win the race.


I'll post about Clare's birthday soon.....she had an absolute blast.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that's me:) Cool that you are going to the race! My husband and stepson and fil are going. I'm staying home with the sick poochie. Have fun!!! Text me if you think you are near cameras!!!

    ReplyDelete